Tuesday 8 May 2007

Utopia - Script

Aren't you lucky, heres part of the script from Utopia which is the Doctor Who epsiode Captain Jack returns in, it includes major spoilers and how he got back to Earth, from Satelite 5.


FX: Time Vortex

CU Captain Jack, yelling in agony, his head against the wooden Tardis door –

FX: CUT TO WIDER – and he’s clinging on, yelling, to the outside of the Tardis as it hurtles through the vortex!




About to jump onto the TARDIS as it flys off


THE DOCTOR
Strictly speaking, the ending’s way off. This is more like, the end of life in the universe.

MARTHA
So what’s out there?

THE DOCTOR
I don’t know

MARTHA
Ooh, say that again, that’s rare.

The DOCTOR
Not even the Time Lords came this far. It’s all just theory. We should leave. We should go. We should really, really go…

And he grins, grabs his coat, he & Martha run out.



So, is this how Jack got back to Earth, and was in Lahore in 1909. He had been in charge of a squad of men on a troop train. When they(Jack and the troops) entered a tunnel, there was a fluttering of wings and everything went silent. When they emerged, only Jack was left alive, the others having choked on flower petals. A week before, some of the men had drunkenly run down a child in a village — a Chosen One.
This was a refrence to the Torchwood Episode Small Worlds


(EXT. MOORLAND – NIGHT

THE DOCTOR, MARTHA & JACK – MARTHA with medical satchel, Jack with rucksack – striding along, heading up a gradual incline. The Doctor ahead, trying not to join in. All on the hoof, rattling it off, fast. To Martha –

CAPTAIN JACK
…so there I was, stranded in the year two – hundred – one – hundred, ankle deep in Dalek dust, he goes off without me, but I had this –


(his wrist – strap)


I used to be a Time Agent, it’s called a Vortex Manipulator, he’s not the only one who can time travel –

THE DOCTOR
Excuse me, that’s not time travel. It’s like, I’ve got a sports car, you’ve got a Space Hopper.

MARTHA
Oh, boys and their toys.

CAPTAIN JACK
All right, so I bounced, I thought, Twenty – first century, that’s the best place to find the Doctor. Except I got it a little bit wrong, arrived in 1880, and this thing burnt out, so it was useless –

THE DOCTOR
Told you!

CAPTAIN JACK

- then I had to live through the entire twentieth century, waiting to find the version of you that would coincide with me –

MARTHA
But that makes you more than a hundred years old.

CAPTAIN JACK
And looking good, don’t you think? So, I went to the Time Rift, cos I knew you’d come back to refuel, until finally, I get a signal on this thing, detecting you –
(his rucksack)

- and here we are!



Sounds good!!

No comments: